Great gift options are plentiful at $10 or less this year. Just take as stroll through stores like Pier 1 and Crate and Barrel or scroll through the pages of Amazon.com and be prepared to be amazed at just how far your money can go. Shopping smart is a priority for most people these days, and for me that means finding great quality merchandise at a price that doesn’t break the bank.
From a beautiful decorative bowl filled with delicious treats to fantastic trays for his or her toiletries, all items below are $10 or less.
Where’s your favorite place to look for great gifts at fantastic prices?
1. Crate and Barrel is one of my favorite places to pick up fantastic gifts for $10 or less during the Christmas season. This year it looks my favorite reindeer has been replaced by the Jingle Elf, and he’s just as cute. This sweet little appetizer plate and cup for both adults and little ones is so delightful and would make great gifts. How will I resist the Norwegian Chalet Latte Mug or the partridge plate? Check out the Menswear trays from West Elm, a classy gift for a guy or girl. These and many other great gifts are available for $10 or less at Crate and Barrel, West Elm, Pier 1 and stylish retailers everywhere.
2. Fun and seasonal kitchen towel make a great gift and adds a little holiday life to your own kitchen. I love Crate and Barrel’s holiday towels, they never disappoint. And check out the coolest spatulas I’ve come across anywhere from Dean and Deluca. For the wine lover, a great bottle of wine all bundled up for the holidays is sure to bring lots of smiles and warm thank yous! Festive towels, spatulas and other items can be found at Crate and Barrel, Dean and Deluca, Pier 1 and Pottery Barn, online or in stores.
3. The list of wonderful foods and beverages to give for the holidays is almost without end. They can be given in pairs, in themes, or any other creative way you can think of. Homemade items like cookies and candies make fantastic gifts as well. One of my newest favorite treats is Peanut butter and Company’s Dark Chocolate Dreams. Pair with gourmet crackers and a cute little spreader and you have a great budget friendly gift. The one gift that never gets old and is almost always appropriate is wine. If you’re challenged in the area of making the right selection, get a little help from wineexpress.com. Most food items below are available from Dean and Deluca, ilovepeanutbutter.com and thinkgeek.com.
4. There is absolutely no shortage of budget friendly gifts for the little ones. Learning toys are my favorite gifts for children, a great book or a colorful puzzle like the ones from Melissa and Doug below are perfect. The Skip Hop, ‘Dunck’ bath rinse cups are sooo… cute and make baths pure fun. They also come in a blue, green and yellow combination. Melissa and Doug puzzles and Skip Hop, ‘Dunck’ rinsers are available at Nordstrom.com.
5. Anthropologie is such a cool store. It’s a little bit throwback and a little bit retro, but 100% chic. The selection of bowls, cups and other useful items like decorative drawer pulls and dainty kitchen towels make great gifts at various price points. The Homegrown Monogram Mug and Inside Out bowls are gorgeous. The Fleur De Lys cup and saucer is a steal at $10 and makes an absolutely incredible gift.
6. I know, I know, who needs a pad for notes and lists when smart phones are everywhere? When it’s Kate Spade, completely darling and under $10, we all do. And surely everyone needs an instant can of snow from Pier 1! So cute. If you haven’t ventured into the incredible minds of the inventors and distributors at Kikkerland, you must visit the website. The five minute shower timer and head massager from Kikkerland are just two unique gift options for the person on your list who appreciates unique and novel gifts.
7. Cosmetics, Cosmetics everywhere. From Philosophy’s sweet Candy Cane sparkle for lips to unbelievably fragrant solid perfumes sold by L’Occitane and Anthropologie, there are oodles of cosmetic gifts that are the perfect way to say Merry Christmas. We all love little fragrant luxuries.
8. Decorative items like the large rattan gold star from Pier 1, the sheet music and onion shaped gold sparkle ornament from Pottery Barn make beautiful hostess gifts. A thoughtful ornament never gets old.
10. If you like humor, Thank You Notes by Jimmy Fallon will have you laughing out loud! It is hilarious! On the other hand, The Shack will give you plenty to think about. Both books available for $10 or less in paperback at Amazon.com.