Check out this list of classic and unique Christmas gifts for 2012. Inspire play, fitness, entertaining and much more. From the grown-up Kate Spade yoyo to the Tumi leather backpack, these gifts will delight and excite everyone on your Christmas list.
1. Spark a year of fitness and fun with the 9 foot leather jumping rope from Pottery Barn, monogramming available. Jumping rope can burn up to 11 calories per minute! Find it at potterybarn.com for $24.
2. Ah, the Tiffany blue box. At just $30, these playing cards from Tiffany come in three colors; black and white, pink and brown and blue and green. Tiffany advises, ‘play your cards right.’ I agree!
3. Every now and then I come across a Christmas ornament that deserves a special tree. The folks at Anthropologie seem to have a knack for finding ornaments that can be described as art for the Christmas tree. The Marbled Glass Orb comes in four colors and is available at Anthropologie for $12.
4. For the young and young at heart, the Kate Spade Silver Street yoyo inspires play, and that can never be a bad thing. The inscription reads ‘make the rounds.’ Available at Nordstrom and katespade.com for $30.
5. I absolutely love this little mini nativity set from Pottery Barn. The set of 14 pieces is made of zinc metal with a brass-plate finish. Sold at Pottery Barn for $29.50 and ships free.
6. From the MoMA Store comes the Pop Swirl door mat by Llora Manne. It measures 30l x 20″w and is a MoMA exclusive. It sells for $45 at momastore.org. Absolutely gorgeous!
7. I knew when I laid eyes on the West Elm Glass Knot Stripe paperweight that it would be a hot seller. It makes a nice decorative accent and comes packaged in a beautiful forest green gift box. This lovely art piece sells at West Elm for just $12 and makes a fantastic gift for the home or office.
8. Yes, it’s a splurge but what a gorgeous splurge it is. The Tumi Beacon Hill Brimmer is a work of art. It has zip closures, adjustable straps and compartments for everything you need. This is a great gift choice for the the really special guy in your life or anyone who appreciates a great quality backpack. Take a look at nordstrom.com where it sells for $495.
9. From the MoMA Store comes the Tobbles Stacking Toy. Toddlers can stack, spin and balance these colorful spheres for hours. This toy is for ages two and up and sells for just $25 at momastore.org.
10. This Saddle Leather Catch-All tray beats socks and tees any day for the guy on your list. The distressed finish works as a decorative accessory around the home as well. Available at potterybarn.com for $29 and ships free, quantities are limited.
11. How I adore porcelain and bone china. The 14″ basket weave rectangular tray is a perfect extra special gift for the hostess and anyone who loves to entertain on your Christmas list. This tray is spectacular in Irish Parian bone china at Tiffany for $115.
12. The international traveler will appreciate this universal travel adapter from CB2. Find it in orange, green, pink and blue for $22.95. Convert in color and style!
13. The bead work of the Maasai tribe in Nairobi is nothing short of stunning. These bracelets were handcrafted exclusively for CB2. Participation in the tribal circle program helps artisans work toward earning a sustainable income for food, clean water, shelter and access to healthcare for their extended families. These lovely, unique and varied artisan bracelets are available at CB2.com for 19.95 each.
14. The beautiful Silver Street harmonica from Kate Spade has one simple message, ‘hit the right note.’ Enough said! Dare to be musical with this shiny little music-maker. So cool…at katespade.com for $30.