In the spirit of finding great gifts that are sure to please at fabulous prices, I’m adding a few fun and unique items to the list of Christmas gifts for $5 or less. Check out the 2011 list.
1. This is the Mini Canister with Chalkboard from Crate and Barrel. You can store and label everything from jewelry to spices in this little porcelain jar. It looks even better in person, is erasable and sells for only $2.95. I’m putting one in my stocking!
2. Meet App Cube, an updated spin on the Rubik’s Cube using app icons. This gift will bring hours of frustrating joy to geniuses of all ages. You can find this puzzle for $4.95 at Paper Source , in stores and online. Geek is the new cool.
3. These fab and colorful paper eyeglasses are selling out fast! Conceived by German designer Cantemir Gheorghiu as a creative statement against trendy hipster glasses, they are made in Berlin from recycled paper. Get them if you can at The Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago Store.
4. Cords, cords everywhere! Bobino has come up with a simple solution to an everyday problem, what to do with all of those cords? Simply wrap your buds and cords around the Bobino Cord Wrap and voila! Problem solved. Get these gems in 5 colors and 3 sizes at The Container Store or visit mybobino.com. They range in price from $2.95-$4.95.
5. I make no secret of the fact that I’m a bit obsessed with Crate and Barrel’s holiday dish towels. Oh the shame! They’re just so fabulous. This year, I found a towel that’s an instant classic and goes way beyond the Christmas season. It makes an awesome hostess gift and might even spark a conversation or two. It’s the conversion dishtowel and is described as a dual-purpose cotton dishtowel conveniently printed with common recipe conversions of both weights and measurements in bright red. I have a feeling it’s going to sell out fast. You’ll find it at Crate and Barrel for $4.95.
6. Starbucks 2012 Gold Cup Ornament is so gorgeous and popular that it became unavailable online shortly after launch and is now available only in stores. I couldn’t resist! Don’t miss the matching coin purse which makes an awesome gift card holder and much more all year-long. Both of these little cuties are under $5. Perfect!